You can download the newest firmware to your camera through the Internet.
Please follow the steps below:
[ Downloading the OLYMPUS Digital Camera Updater ]
The OLYMPUS Digital Camera Updater is required for updating the firmware of your digital camera.
Click below to download the updater.
||Do not disconnect the camera from the computer until the LCD on the camera displays OK. The firmware update is not complete until the camera displays OK. Disconnecting the camera before the firmware completes may render the camera inoperable.
||A camera's firmware cannot be returned to an earlier version once it has been updated.
[ Downloading and Applying the Firmware ]
Preparing to Update the Firmware:
- Log on to your computer using an account with Administrator privileges.
- Connect the computer to the Internet. Olympus recommends using a hard-wired connection, if available, to limit the risk of service interruption during the firmware update. A wireless connection may also be used.
- Make sure the camera has sufficient power to complete the operation. Use freshly charged batteries or the optional AC adapter. (Adapter not available for all models.)
- Remove the memory card from the digital camera.
To update the firmware of your camera, follow the instructions below:
- Double-click the downloaded OLYMPUS Digital Camera Updater.
- Read the terms, and then connect your digital camera to your computer using the bundled USB cable.
If the camera does not automatically power on, turn on the camera.
||Your camera may display a selection menu on the LCD. By default, the USB Connection mode for transferring images to the camera will already be selected. (Depending on the model, this may be either STORAGE or PC.
If you do not know which mode to use, refer to the camera's instruction manual.) Press the camera's [OK] button to continue.
Click Next to proceed.
- If newer firmware versions are available, they will be displayed in a dialog box.
To see what will be changed by applying an update, select it from the list and click Details.
To apply a selected firmware update, click Update and then, on the next screen, Yes.
(If you click No, the update will be canceled.)
- Carefully read the Software License Agreement. If you accept the terms, click Agree to proceed.
- The firmware is transferred from the computer to your camera, and then the update starts in your camera.
The firmware update is completed when the digital camera's LCD displays OK.
After you see the camera's LCD displays OK, click Next.
Do not disconnect the camera from the computer until the LCD on the camera displays OK. The firmware update is not complete until the camera displays OK. Disconnecting the camera before the firmware completes may render the camera inoperable.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the camera and computer, and then click Close.